Sunday, July 12, 2015

New Blog Design and a Book Study!


 So if you have been on my blog in April, May or June ... you know that I am a newbie at this blogging thing and that my blog design was just a purple blah (I LOVE purple... I'm an ECU Pirate).  I am so excited that Lindsey over at L. Paull Designs For All  gave my blog a makeover...and I love the shades of purple and gold!! She is very creative, wonderful to work with and super sweet! If your blog is in need of an updated design, Lindsey is the one for the job!! 


 I am also excited to announce a blogging book study for The Next Step in Guided Reading by Jan Richardson! {YES!! I am in two book study groups this summer.} There was an overwhelming amount of interest for learning about Guided Reading over in our We <3 Guided Reading group on Facebook so the #GuidedReadingGals (8 bloggers and 2 guest bloggers) decided to share our thinking via our blogs and discussion in our group. Blog posts will begin tomorrow … right here on my blog! Come back tomorrow to read about Chapter ONE. 

If you don’t have the book, that is ok … we will be blogging from July 13th-August 24th … get your book and read along with us!


Find us on Social Media by searching #GuidedReadingGals

Happy Reading,

6 comments:

  1. Love the purple and gold! GO PIRATES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam!! Glad you Aaaaarrrgh joining in on our discussion about the Next Step in Guided Reading!! :)

      Delete
  2. I will go out to school to get my book tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! This weeks chapter is about preparing for GR success! Join us in our We <3 GR group on FB for discussion too!!

      Delete
  3. I love how your post balances research with classroom application - great post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by ... I always to try to have a balance of research and application ... so I appreciate that you noticed that!! Come back to read about Chapter 2 and 3
      Happy Reading, Marie

      Delete